L'Horreur is an all Depron/carbon Speed400-powered "FunFly" with a huge wing
area and undercambered airfoil for maximum lift. The wing is a single 3mm Depron
sheet folded over a few ribs (made of 6mm depron) glued on a 6mm carbon tube spar.
The leading edge of the wing is covered with thin and wide tape
to prevent breakage when folding the Depron sheet.
The fuselage is made of three 6mm depron sheets sandwiching a carbon tube.
This plane can fly incredibly slowly, yet can loop and roll at
unreal rates. It can hover, climb vertically and land vertically in 5 knots
of head wind.
- Designers/Construction: Bertrand and Yann Le Cun
- Design: particularly ugly and unrefined.
- Wingspan: 1000mm; chord: 360mm (including 60mm full-span ailerons)
- Length: 900mm
- Mass: about 600g all included
- Motor: Speed 400 with 4:1 gear and 11-8 (28-20) Graupner folding prop
- Battery: 7 cells 500mAh NiCd
- Radio: standard 3 channels with mini-servos
||Yann's brother Bertrand holding the "Horreur".
||This wing generates enough lift for the plane to hover in 5 knots
||the clear plastic ring cut from a water bottle prevents the folding
prop from getting stuck folded on the flat fuselage