NanoSaucer: A 115 gram, 36cm Drenalyn lookalike
- design/construction: Yann LeCun, summer 2003 (inspired by the original Drenalyn).
- wingspan: 360mm, length: 380mm (including 100mm elevons).
- mass: 115 grams with battery (Kokam LiPo 2x560mAh).
- motor: GWS 7.2v motor/gearbox recycled from a Tiger Moth GWS kit.
- prop: GWS 9070 orange prop, or APC 9x7.
- radio: GWS receiver with 2 Hitec HS-55 servos.
- battery: Kokam LiPo 2x560mAh, 2x880mAh, or 2x1020mAh.
- fuselage: 5x15mm balsa rod with two 3mm depron former glued on each sides.
- wing: 3mm depron sheet. Max camber is 23mm at 75mm from front of wing.
- center of gravity: 100mm from front of wing
flight: The flight is very gentle, but the motor is powerful
enough for steep climbs. With a prop saver, you can't break anything.
Very quickly built. Perfect for slow-speed indoor fun. Easy to
fly for beginners.