TurboWraith: A pseudo "Wraith" from the game StarCraft,
powered by and EDF-50 electric ducted fan.
This plane was inspired by the "Wraith" space fighters from the computer game StarCraft.
- design/construction: Ronan LeCun, summer 2003.
- wingspan: 710mm, length: 550mm.
- mass: 130 grams without battery (175g with Kokam LiPo 2x1020mAh).
- motor: GWS EDF-50 (3 blades) electric ducted fan.
- radio: GWS receiver with GWS pico BB servos.
- battery: Kokam LiPo 2x1020mAh.
- fuselage: 3mm Depron around a foam shape. rectangular section 60x70mm.
two tail booms made with 4mm carbon tubes.
- wing: undercambered 3mm depron sheet with balsa ribs
- tail surfaces: 3mm Depron, inverted V. V-tail control (no aileron).
flight: Flies quite well, with plenty of power.
The wing attachement to the fuselage is a little too flexible,
which causes wing deformations in high-G turns.
Watch a video of the TurboWraith in flight: